The Steering Committee of Highlights of Logic, Automata, and Games condemns the aggression by the Russian Federation against Ukraine in the strongest possible terms.
The Steering Committee expresses its solidarity with the Ukrainian people in their plight, calls for immediate peace, and is fully committed to peaceful co-operation, mutual understanding and tolerance across borders, and despite the current situation continues to hope for reflection, restraint and a swift end to the crisis.
Highlights'23 will happen from July 24th to July 28th 2023 , at the Campus Center of the University of Kassel, Germany. Highlights'23 will be preceded by the Highlights Collaborative Research Week ( HCRW ), from 17h to 21st, at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the University of Kassel.
Highlights'23 key features and novelties:
- Highlights is a conference without publication, where speakers give short presentations of their best work.
- For this year's edition, there will be no participation fees.
- The 2023 program chair is Supratik Chakraborty.
- The 2023 organisation chair is Stefan Göller.
- The conference is now five days , tutorials included.
- An early round of submissions is organised to help the planning of travels.
- The Highlights Collaborative Research Week ( HCRW ) is a new meeting, the week before the conference (from July 17th to July 21st), devoted to research collaborations between Highlights participants. HCRW happens the week after ICALP'23 in Paderborn, for encouraging direct commutation.
- The Highlights Extended Stay Support Scheme ( HESSS ) helps organising and funding collaborations in the area.
Highlights'23 is the eleventh of the series of international conferences ``Highlights of Logic, Games and Automata'', aiming at integrating the community working in algorithmic model theory, automata theory, databases, games for logic and verification, logic, and verification. Papers from these areas are dispersed across many conferences, which makes them difficult to follow. A visit to the Highlights conference should offer a wide picture of the latest research in the field and a chance to meet everybody in the community, not just those who happen to publish in one particular proceedings volume. There are no publications.
We encourage you to attend and present your best work, be it already published or not, at Highlights'23 .