Highlights Extended Stay Support Scheme
The Highlights Extended Stay Support Scheme (HESSS) is an incentive for collaborations between participants to the conference and researchers working in research units reachable by train from the conference locations. The objective is to foster interactions with low carbon footprint. The mechanism is as follows:
- Research units wanting to participate in the scheme are listed below. These units are willing to fund collaborations between highlights' participants and their members.
- The pair of a Highlights' participant and a member of one of a listed research unit submit a proposal which takes the form of a mail containing names, period of collaboration, and a sentence describing the activity planned. It has to be sent to the HESSS contact person of the research unit.
- The decision of acceptation is up to the research unit. It may be in particular subject to scientific scope, number or requests, or, eg, favouring distant participants.
- The only strict rule is that the visit should be around the moment of Highlights, and no plane should be taken by the visitor between Highlights and the visit.
- Research units interested in participating in the program should contact us through the appropriate channels on Zulip.